MPS VIRTUAL TERMINALS MERCHANT SERVICES
A virtual terminal is the web version of a physical credit card terminal or Point-of-Sale (POS) machine.
It is a hosted by an online software application that allowing merchants to access a secure, encrypted payment acceptance form from any internet connected web browser.
A virtual terminal allows a merchant to input a customer’s credit card information directly into a web-based payment form, which converts it into an electronic transaction for payment to the merchant.
The typical virtual terminal merchant gets phone calls to accept payments for products or services like a medical billing practice. (Mail Order – Telephone Order Merchants)
Virtual Terminal Features:
- Can securely keep customer information and payment history.
- Can be added to the same account as a website.
- Can retain customer data behind secure gateway firewall for future use.
- Can use Virtual Terminal to set up Recurring & Installment Billing Options.
- Can be used as an In-Person “swipe” terminal.
- Can send email receipts to the customer after the transaction along with another one to the merchant for recording purposes.
- Can be connected to QuickBooks via different options at a cost.